Trainings & Mentorship
Teacher Mentorship &
Advanced Yoga Therapy Teacher Training
For yoga teachers:
Yoga therapy trainings with Kim are for those teachers and therapists who want to be help their students and clients live better. You’ll improve your teaching and your understanding of yoga as a therapy with specialty training in anatomy, physiology, yoga therapy, stress management, and meditation. You’ll be better able to help your students because you’ll have the knowledge to adjust your teaching to anything situation. These trainings will go way beyond what’s covered by basic teacher training programs. Your confidence after working with Kim will increase and as a result, your students and clients will benefit by feeling better faster.
For healthcare professionals:
For dedicated students:
Improve your practice by learning more than you would from a traditional yoga class. You’ll leave a training with Kim with an increased body awareness and confidence to be able to adjust your practice to any class you attend and to any home practice you take on.
NEW for 2017
YogaTheory Yoga Therapy Weekend Workshop
March 11-12, 2017
The YogaTheory Yoga Therapy Weekend Workshop will teach you the fundamentals of yoga therapy as Kim has been teaching them for over a decade. You’ll learn healthy movement patterns, basic anatomy, and rules of biomechanics as they relate to yoga postures. Think of it as yoga deconstructed; you’ll walk away from the weekend knowing how you should and shouldn’t move in various yoga postures so that you can stay out of pain and reduce your pain, improve your flexibility and mobility, and feel less tension and strain in your body. Your yoga practice and body awareness will go from nothing to something-big!
Who should consider this training:
Teachers, healthcare professionals, and students
- Completion of the YogaTheory Yoga Therapy Weekend Workshop. For more details on the curriculum and how to register go here.
- Be a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists
Who should consider this training:
Yoga teachers, healthcare professionals
How to apply:
Kim accepts teachers into her mentorship program several times per year. To find out about the next intake email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Joints: Advanced Yoga Teacher Training for Arthritis
Learn how to help people living with arthritis and autoimmune conditions
Kim has taken her decade’s worth of teaching experience working with students with arthritis and autoimmune conditions and turned it into an advanced training program for teachers and health professionals. With the almost 5 million Canadians and 53 million Americans living with arthritis and autoimmune disease as a teacher you need to know how to help people living with these conditions. You’ll gain the confidence and know-how to be able to adjust a class or pose to any inflammatory condition and be able to use your training to adjust to any of your student’s needs.
Once you’ve completed this 25 hour training you’ll never have to ask a student to sit out part of a class again because you don’t know how to help them and are intimidated to try. Your new skills will stand out from the crowd as an advanced teacher who knows how to welcome these students with open arms.
In this training you’ll learn:
- How to adjust and modify yoga poses for different types of arthritis, joint injuries and issues, chronic pain, inflammation, and fatigue.
- How to create your own class plans to cater to students with arthritis and autoimmune conditions.
- What contraindications to consider when teaching to these groups and how the different conditions can interact.
- Meditation and breathing techniques for chronic pain, stress management, anxiety, and depression, symptoms often suffered by people with autoimmune disease.
- Special considerations and tips for how to teach yoga to kids with arthritis and autoimmune disease.
- Anti-inflammatory nutrition basics.
- How to use real your new training to apply to real-life case studies. You’ll work in groups to create personalized yoga therapy programs.
- A copy of Kim’s book, Happy Joints: The Yoga for Arthritis Handbook.
- A 50-page reference manual on everything covered during the 25hr weekend training.
- An 8-week class plan to teach to your students.
Saturday from 9-6pm
Sunday from 9-5pm
Email us to be added to the priority list: email@example.com.
$650 + GST
Teacher Training Programs:
Kim offers her arthritis program to several teacher training programs in and outside Calgary. Email us if you’d like to host a training at your studio as a stand-alone training or as a component to your current teacher training program: firstname.lastname@example.org.