Happy Joints: Yoga for Arthritis Workshop
Learn how to keep you and your joints happy in this yoga for arthritis specialty workshop
November 1, 2018, & January 26, 2019
Registration Is Now Open.
Yoga for arthritis isn’t for older people, it’s for people who feel older than they are.
If you live with arthritis, an autoimmune condition, inflammation, or a joint injury this doesn’t mean you can’t continue to do the things you love. This workshop will teach you how to use yoga to help keep your body strong and your joints stable. You’ll be shown how to modify traditional yoga poses for your body. We’ll focus on building body awareness, emphasizing what you can do, not what you can’t, knowing your limits, accepting what is (and what isn’t), and on learning the wrong and the right way to move your major joints. We will also discuss the stress response and its role in inflammation and explore poses to help the mind and body relax. Registration includes a full yoga program for your home practice.
Dates & Locations:
- November 1, 2018, at Calgary North East Clinic, 1645 32nd Avenue NE, Calgary, AB. Open only to patients of the clinic.
- January 26, 2019, at Yoga & Meditation Centre Calgary, 2028b 33rd Avenue SW, Calgary, AB. Open to the public.
- $65 + GST. All workshops include a copy of Happy Joints: Yoga for Arthritis Handbook.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Register for the November 1, 2018 workshop by calling (403) 441-6562.
- Register for January 26, 2019, workshop by going HERE. Or, contact The Yoga & Meditation Centre Calgary at 403-251-9642 or email@example.com.
Questions about the workshop? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can’t make the live workshop?
You can still practice along at home using this PDF of the class plan. Get yours here: Happy Joints Yoga for Arthritis Workshop Program.
Dig deeper in your home practice with the Happy Joints: Yoga for Arthritis Handbook, available in hardcopy and eBook versions.
*All prices in Canadian dollars. GST is 5%.
Cancellation policy: Because the venue has been paid for, refunds, transfers, exchanges or credits can’t be provided for this program. Registration fees can be waived if there is a waitlist and someone is able to take your spot. An administrative fee for miscellaneous charges for credit card processing will be charged in this case.