YogaTheory: Yoga Therapy Workshop
A Calgary Yoga Workshop
Yoga therapy can will help you live better
March 11-12, 2017
The YogaTheory Yoga Therapy Weekend Workshop will teach you the fundamentals of yoga therapy as Kim has been teaching them for over a decade. You’ll learn healthy movement patterns, basic anatomy, and rules of biomechanics as they relate to yoga postures. Think of it as yoga deconstructed; you’ll walk away from the weekend knowing how you should and shouldn’t move in various yoga postures so that you can stay out of pain and reduce your pain, improve your flexibility and mobility, and feel less tension and strain in your body. Your yoga practice and body awareness will go from nothing to something-big!
This annual yoga therapy training weekend will teach you:
- How your movement patterns are contributing to your pain and how moving differently and more efficiently can help you reduce or get rid of pain.
- How to build body awareness so you can feel what is and what isn’t moving in a pose, and learn which is
- How incorrect cues in yoga classes are causing you to become less, not more, flexible and mobile.
- How yoga therapy can help you manage, reduce, and even stop your back pain and improve your posture.
- How muscle imbalance and compensation in the hips, shoulders, and spine can lead to hip, back, and knee pain.
- How yoga therapy can help you improve the mobility, strength, and flexibility in your neck and shoulders, and kick shoulder and neck pain and tension for good.
- How yoga can help keep your joints moving properly and safety to help keep them healthy and to help manage arthritis symptoms.
- Learn how less is more when practicing yoga postures. You’ll feel how using less effort will in fact help you to move more.
- Finally, you’ll learn why the way you move into and out of a pose is even more important to your physical health than what you do while in a pose.
Yoga therapy is a research-backed approach to pain and stress management that can stand alone or complement other types of therapy like physiotherapy and chiropractic.
For more information about the training and to find the answers to common questions, download the weekend infor document here:
YogaTheory Yoga Therapy Weekend Info Guide
- Saturday, March 11, 2017 – 9am-5pm
- Sunday, March 12, 2017 – 9am-5pm
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn about future retreats, workshops, and trainings before they’re shared here sign up for my newsletter.
Who this training is for:
Yoga teachers, yoga students of all levels, and healthcare professionals
- Montgomery Chiropractic Plus, 4704 Bowness Rd NW, Calgary, AB
- $325 + GST for the weekend.
- Registration is limited to 12 people to make sure everyone gets individualized attention and can have their questions answered.
TO REGISTER, use the PayPal button on the left.
*All prices in Canadian dollars. GST is 5%.
Cancellation policy: Because the venue has been paid for, refunds, transfers, exchanges or credits can’t be provided for this program. Registration fees can be waived if there is a wait list and someone is able to take your spot. An administrative fee for miscellaneous charges for credit card processing will be charged in this case.