Invest in yourself with a soulful Greece yoga retreat
May 14-20, 2018
Our Greece yoga retreat is set against the stunning backdrop of historic white-washed homes decorated with bougainvillea flowers and a port mixed with luxurious yachts and fishing boats. Recharge yourself by stepping back in time; one thing that makes this magical island so special is that motorized vehicles aren’t allowed. Transportation is by foot – or by donkey! – so the noise of the 21st century will be left behind. Nestled in the stunning turquoise waters of the Aegean Sea, the beautiful, laid-back island of Hydra is sure to get to you (in the best way possible).
Meditation and yoga classes are offered daily and can be attended at your leisure. In your free time, relax by the villa’s beautiful pool while basking in the spring calms of the Mediterranean. Or, get lost wandering the ancient and winding footpaths of the town while enjoying the sounds of the water lapping by the shore. Hydra is full of secluded places to find peace. Leonard Cohen himself, who called this place home, wandered these very paths many times. We understand that this is your very special time set aside just for you, so we want you to take advantage of this stunning setting to restore and relax.
Our accommodations are in a gorgeous former sponge factory that dates from 1860. Lovingly restored, it is now one of the most charming small hotels in Greece. Rich in history, each room is unique and luxurious. The Bratsera Hotel is a two minute walk from the bustling port and is surrounded by cafes, traditional Greek tavernas, boutiques and fascinating galleries.
This is sure to be an unforgettable yoga holiday!
- 7 days, 6 nights at the gorgeous Bratsera Hotel on the Greek island of Hydra.
- Daily yoga and meditation classes with expert yoga instructors Joann Kalantzis and myself, Kim McNeil.
- Optional breathwork (pranayama) class.
- Evening mini workshops on Greek culture and cuisine including wine and olive oil tastings.
- Optional activities including a group hike to a monastery, walking meditation, and afternoon beach break.
- Daily gourmet breakfast.
- Welcome and farewell dinners with the group.
- A private yoga therapy session.
Download the retreat itinerary here.
Superior Suite: $3300 + GST (Single Occupancy), $2100 + GST (Double Occupancy) – SOLD OUT
Single Occupancy (Deluxe Room): $2600 + GST
Single Occupancy: $2300 + GST
Double Occupancy (Deluxe Room): $1800 + GST
Double Occupancy: $1600 + GST
Secure your spot with a $900* non-refundable deposit payable either by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the PayPal* button on this page. Please complete the following registration form and waiver and return it to email@example.com.
Download the registration form and waiver here.
If you have questions about the retreat please email us:
*A $36 service fee applies to all deposits and balance payments paid for using PayPal. PayPal payments do not require a PayPal account.
US guests: Subject to daily exchange rate changes. Check Daily Exchange Rates.
Canadian pricing does not include GST (5%). Prices do include all other taxes. Alcoholic beverages not included.
Travel to Hydra:
- Fly into Athens
- Take a taxi from the airport to the main port of Piraeus, an approximately 1 hour drive depending on traffic.
- At the port of Piraeus look for the gate for Argosaronic islands.
- Take the Hydrofoil (flying dolphin) from there to Hydra. There are flying dolphins departing daily from the port of Piraeus (app. 1h and 30 min). To book your tickets in advance contact the office +30 210 4199000, or visit their reservation site (Hellenic Seaways).
- Once you dock Bratsera hotel is an easy 2 minute walk from the port. Or, you can hire the help of a local and travel to the hotel by donkey!
- Suitable for all levels of yoga from beginner to advanced.
- Your passport requires at least 6 months validity to travel overseas.
- Return flights to Athens, Greece.
- Travel Insurance
- Transportation from Athens Airport to the Water Port, and transport from the Water Port via ferry to the Island of Hydra.